Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I put color in a wrought iron "garden art" piece?

I want to add metal garden art, but I want color in/on the metal piece , I want to design. Or will any exterior paint stay on through different seasons.Without peeling and chipping ?

How do I put color in a wrought iron "garden art" piece?
pretty much every paint will come off eventually, mainlybecause:


1. Metal expands and contracts


2. The metal remains very hot and very cold long after the apmospheric temperature changes, stressing the paint.





One of the easiest ways to add colour if you are making this art yourself is by encorperating things such as mosaic tiles, and large ceramic beads.





Remember to be creative- and never dismiss an idea untill you see it properly.... No artist is happy with thier work in progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment