Monday, May 11, 2009

Small garden where can I get designs?

I have a small space in my backyard that I would like to make into a tropical garden retreat. The size is about 15 x 8 m and rectangular. Does anyone know where i can get some designs from? Any tips on design before get my bob cat in?

Small garden where can I get designs?
Call your local agricultural extension and ask to speak to one of their volunteer master gardeners. Otherwise I would suggest you put in at least a small pond for water sounds and moisture and then we need to know your growing zone! It can be cool to have the edges in the back higher to show off more of the plants - so locate a sitting area and the adjacent pond (2M diamater is fine). Use hibiscus or marsh mallows, elephant ears, a hardy palm for your area, caladiums are always nice, bird of paradise if you can grow one, etc. Palms are good if you can find a hardy one for your area.
Reply:Your best bet is to go to the library. There will be a number of books on tropical gardens with all the how to's and what to plant you could ever need.

colonial shoe buckles

No comments:

Post a Comment