Monday, May 11, 2009

Does anyone no of a website that shows ideas of how to design a back garden suitable for a 2 year old?

its a decent sixe garden 35ft by 22ft so any ideas would be great thanks x

Does anyone no of a website that shows ideas of how to design a back garden suitable for a 2 year old?
yahoo answers!!!


be sure to put in a sand pit
Reply:No. That is my answer to your question.





However, I happen to know that wheat grass sprouts in three days, is edible, and fun to grow (if you are a toddler, or like me, slightly deranged)





Also, radishes have edible shoots very quickly which are so spicy that you might just leave some to grow actual radishes.





My dad grew carrots in our tiny first back yard and one of my first memories is of him pulling a new one, washing it under the garden hose, and letting me eat it.





Some flowers are edible. I think those would be fun for a toddler.





Some plants (mints, ivy) draw bees, and I think those would be less fun.





I have pleasant memories of "snapping beans" with my grandmother, but have no idea how useful I was as a bean snapper, or how important my productivity was. So I imagine if you don't NEED food value, and can play around with what you grow, anything of food value is VERY COOL.





BERRIES of any sort are also very cool. They are sweetest plucked straight off the plant, when you are hot and thirsty, or just before dusk, when you know you will be called in.





You are doing a wonderful thing by introducing your baby to gardening. You may have no idea how long the memory of a garden hose and new carrot can live with a person. :)





Bless you, and may you reap enough to be worth the backache of the sowing! :) You are doing good.





AND for interested parties who do not have yard space, you can grow peppers, berries, flowers, anything else, in pots in a windowsill or balcony. I've heard of strawberry plants bearing in tin cans in windowsills.

shared web hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment